regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
The Authority wishes to invite suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:
- Record Management Assistant
- Receiving and reviewing the General Administrative reports (on usage of telephone, photocopier, kitchen supplies, utilities, etc);
- Overseeing and allocating duties and responsibilities to the Drivers, Administrative Assistants and Office Assistants
- Overseeing the office security, general repair and maintenance of assets and equipments;
- Conceptualize, design, implement and monitor the HIV/AID program in the workplace;
- Planning and executing HIV-AIDS programmes in the Authority;
- Maintaining HIV/AIDS training and awareness records
- Ensure efficient and effective cleaning, messengerial and office telephone services;
- Ensuring effective management of office equipment and facilities;
- Control the utilization and fuel consumption of all company; and
- Manage and control the movement of office furniture.
- Bachelors degree in social sciences, or business administration / management( human resource option)
- Higher national diploma in human resource management; or
- Certified Public Secretary (K)
- 2 years’ experience in a large/busy HR department
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confident
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.