regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
- Carrying out environmental impact assessment;
- Assessing the environmental impact assessment reports;
- Document oil/chemical spill cost;
- Quantifying environmental damage caused by pollution;
- Monitoring underwater and over water environments; and
- Exploring and exploiting offshore developments projects in Kenya navigable waters.
- Combined class 2/1 certificate of competency
- Higher diploma in nautical science;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental Science and management.
- At least 3 years relevant experience either carrying out related environmental impact assessment or a first officer in a vessel.
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confidential;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.