regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
- Human Resources Officer
- Administration Officer
- HR Assistant
- Developing and maintaining the Authority’s HR strategic plan
- Reviewing the Authority’s payroll;
- Maintaining staff records confidentially
- Managing the inventory of staff records and registry;
- Advertising vacancies internally/externally, shortlist, interview, recruit, induct and deploy human resources;
- Reviewing and implementing performance management system and manage culture change
- Managing Training Needs Analysis, procure trainers, train and evaluate training;
- Preparing and processing of timely PAYE, NSSF and NHIF payments;
- Overseeing administration section; and
- Overseeing the administration of staff medical scheme, pension and insurance.
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or business administration / management (preferably Human Resource Management option)
- Certified public secretary (K); or
- Post graduate diploma in human resource management
- Member of a HR professional body
- 6 years’ experience with at least with 3 years at medium management level
- Prior experience in managing a similar section
- Knowledge of labour laws
- Team player and strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confident
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.