regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
The Authority wishes to invite suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:
- Collecting audit evidence
- Planning, preparing and performing audits;
- Drafting audit reports;
- Reviewing financial statements, board of survey reports and performance reports;
- Preparing performance contracting criteria;
- Checking policy and procedure compliance;
- Formulating control systems;
- Providing advice on various audit issues
- Carrying out Investigations; and
- Coordinating audit activities.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or related fields
- CIA qualifications preferred or CPA (K) ICPAK
- Member of IIA CPS (K)
- 5 years’ experience in financial system compliance, taxation and statutory audit/investigations in a large organization/busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confident
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.