regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
The Authority wishes to invite suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:
- Acquiring information and materials;
- Creating and maintaining proper index of library materials;
- Cataloguing all library materials;
- Providing current awareness services i.e. notifying users of the newly acquired materials, and letting users know materials acquired specifically on their areas of interest;
- Ensuring proper circulation, issuing and discharging borrowed materials;
- Arrange and organize relevant training materials;
- Maintain safe custody of all library materials;
- Participating in sourcing of necessary materials; and
- Conserving and restoring information and materials
- Degree of library studies from a recognized institution
- Computer literacy-Microsoft packages;
- Certificate in library and information science
- 2 years’ experience in a busy library
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.