regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
The Authority wishes to invite suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:
- Receive license applications for maritime service providers;
- Investigate compliance with minimum service requirements and avail investigation report to the licensing committee;
- Monitor compliance with minimum service requirements among maritime service providers;
- Enforce programs designed to assist in detecting malpractices and violations as set forth in the regulations
- Produce trade reports and analysis of costs and level of efficiency of ports and shipping services.
- Bachelors degree in Logistics, Transport Management or Business Management
- Diploma or certificate in shipping, clearing and forwarding
- 5 years’ experience with at least 3 years in shipping related industry
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confidential;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.