regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
- Licensing Officer
- Monitoring Officers
- Supervising production of maritime trade reports
- Monitoring industry practices and where necessary initiate appropriate measures to discourage discrimination, oligopoly or monopoly (Anti-trust structure);
- Compiling data on costs and level of efficiency and quality of commercial maritime services;
- Conducting public awareness campaigns on appropriate use of international commercial terms to enhance earnings and conservation of foreign exchange;
- Establishing a consultation machinery in ports and shipping services and coordinate consultations among industry stakeholders;
- Supervise issuance of licenses to ports and shipping service providers;
- Ensure ports and shipping service providers file their tariffs in accordance with established guidelines;
- Coordinate production of accurate, timely and relevant statistical data and reports in ports and shipping services; and
- Monitoring employment and training practices among foreign companies and where necessary, curtail any discriminatory practices that inhibit technological and human skills transfer.
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Bachelors degree in Maritime Studies, Port Management, Shipping, Transport Economics or its equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate in Maritime Studies, Port Management, Shipping, Transport Economics or its equivalent
- 8 years’ experience in a large company or organization in shipping or ports services
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confidential;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.