regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
- Business Development Officer
Purpose: Responsible for managing and coordinating research projects and reviews.
- Initiating, undertaking and coordinating research projects and reviews with emphasis on rates/charges and conditions of carriage;
- Carrying out studies and profiles of major tradings, using monitoring reports, economic analysis and agreement/carrier profiles;
- Undertaking special projects to identify and track relevant competitive and economic activity in Kenya;
- Developing and maintaining a research database that contains pertinent information on each maritime service provider agreement filed with the Authority;
- Recommending the installation of applications software related to research needs;
- Establishing systems to diagnose and problem solve as it relates to the research project;
- Publishing findings from research works and related activities such as conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Ensuring that Kenya becomes the national resource and reference centre for maritime affairs and links to other similar organizations nationally, regionally and internationally;
- Initiating and carrying out publicity campaign programs on relevant commercial maritime issues;
- Disseminating relevant information to maritime services providers, shippers, shippers associations and other relevant stakeholders;
- Promoting closer relationships and maintaining contacts with other local, national, regional and international institutions, associations; and
- Carrying out periodic analysis of trends and developments pertaining to the sector.
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Maritime Studies, Port Management, Shipping, Transport Economics or its equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate in Maritime Studies, Port Management, Shipping, Transport Economics or its equivalent
- 8 years’ experience in a large company or organization in shipping or ports services
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.