regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
The Authority wishes to invite suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Research and Business Development Officer
- Designing research proposals in commercial shipping and maritime related fields;
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the strategic plan and the Authority’s performance contracting with the government;
- Coordinating with the Legal department in the preparation of the yearly performance contract with the government;
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the Director General’s performance contract with the Board;
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of management staff performance contract with Director General;
- Conducting and coordinating all research projects in shipping and maritime affairs;
- Undertaking research on maritime policies and regulations, maritime stakeholders’ requirements and services.
- Undertaking research on maritime institution arrangements formulating and advocating investment policies;
- Researching on maritime investment opportunities and existing policies and recommending areas of review to facilitate maritime business; and
- Drafting research reports and finding and give recommendations.
- Bachelors degree in research statistics or related field; and
- A masters degree is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of statistics and research; and
- Computer literate.
- 5 years’ experience in policy and strategic planning
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.