regulate, coordinate and oversee maritime affairs guided by the Kenya
Maritime Act, No. 5 of 2006 and the Merchant Shipping Act 2009.
The Authority wishes to invite suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Search & Rescue Officer (Branch)
- Developing, installing and maintaining a schedule of regular maintenance and repair works of The search and rescue and global maritime distress and safety system – satellite, radio and Other electronic communication equipments;
- Checking and maintaining a data base of vessels operating in the maritime search and rescue areas of the regional maritime rescue coordination responsibility;
- Providing assistance in planning the operational exercises for staff training in search and rescue operations on national and regional levels; and
- Providing assistance in coordinating activities within the frame of the search and rescue plans with the sub regional maritime rescue coordinating centers.
- Degree in Maritime Safety, Maritime Communications, Satellite Communications, or related field; or
- Class I or class 2 certificate of competency (Deck Officer) or its equivalent
- Higher national diploma in marine communications; with
- GMDSS radio maintenance certificate;
- GMDSS general operator certificate; or
- Maritime search and rescue administration certificate,
- 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years at senior level management
- Prior experience in managing satellite communication
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and highly confidential;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
who meet the specified requirements should send their application
letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional
certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone
contact, indicating the post applied for in the application letter and
on the envelop to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at the Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2016.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.