Kenya Ports Authority was established by an Act of Parliament on 20th January, 1978 with the mandate to maintaining, improving and regulating all scheduled sea ports along Kenya’s Coast.
In this regard, the Authority manages the port of Mombasa which is strategically placed to serve the commercial, agriculture and industrial hinter land of Kenya and the surrounding landlocked countries.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a high caliber professional to support and strengthen its workforce in the Environment and Conservancy Section of Marine Operations Department.
The successful candidate will fill the position of:
Port Environment Officer
Overall Objective: Reporting to the Head of Marine Operations, the job holder is responsible for delivering the entire spectrum of Environmental and administrative strategies.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensuring development and implementation of effective Environmental Strategies, Policies, Systems, Plans and Procedures in accordance with National and international legislation, guidelines and conventions.
- Spearheading the implementation of the ECO – green policy.
- Co-ordinating all environment maintenance and conservation activities carried out to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Participating in analyses of environmental aspects of the organizations’ construction programs; reviews and comments on construction bid specifications, contractor submittals and other documents.
- Providing environmental expertise, consultation, information and technical assistance to other departments, tenants, agencies and organizations working in the Port.
- Coordinating all aspects of waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- Providing advisory information to Management on environmental management.
- BSc Environmental Management or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Masters in Environmental Management or other relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Training in Environment Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Member of a recognized professional body on environmental matters.
- ICT Skills
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar role in a reputable organization.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate sound knowledge or understanding of port operations and professional competency, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of port environmental matters.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing the following documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
If your career profile matches the requirements of this position, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates and testimonials and Identity Card on or before 29th February, 2016 to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Ports Authority
P.O Box 95009-80104