Kenyatta University seeks to recruit competent and dedicated applicants to fill up the following position:
Office of the Deputy Vice- Chancellor (Administration)
Kenyatta University Conference Centre (KUCC) Manager
- Masters Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management/ Hotel Management or related field from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience in a three (3) to five (5) star Hotel
- Applicants with Bachelors Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Hospitality and Tourism Management / Hotel Management or related field from a recognized institution will be considered on condition that they have at least five (5) years relevant work experience in a three (3) to five (5) star Hotel
- Computer literate
- Leadership skills
- Passion for cuisine and beverage management
- Knowledge of cost control of food and beverage
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to solve complaints
- Self motivated and proactive
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management of the Conference Centre and its staff and will also be accountable for planning, organizing and directing all the Centre activities including the front office, catering, accommodation and general housekeeping.
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be offered two (2) year renewable performance-based contract and a generous remuneration.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. Box 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than, Thursday, 3rd March 2016.
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.