Job Title: Key Account Manager – Modern Trade
Job Purpose: Managing and developing the business at a strategic level within the organisation with key modern trade customers and to work in partnership with these key accounts to develop our client’s brands and optimise profitability.
The Key Account Manager will also need to ensure the successful implementation of the agreed business plans and promotional activities at an operational level.
Developing and effectively implement the channel strategy, terms and conditions and other global initiatives and/or best practices in the identified key accounts while ensuring the best advantage for each brand / category is achieved profitably.
Developing and maintaining a clear understanding of developments in the account and exploiting all the opportunities.
- Development, Administration and successful execution of the Annual Business (account activity grids / joint business plan) predicated on the Budget goals for the channel and accounts.
- Servicing (includes selling, merchandising, collections, account growth planning and implementation, relations building etc) the key accounts and branches effectively.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in distribution, merchandising, call coverage, efficient resource utilization.
- Ensuring that the trade manager and brand managers are fully aware of the developments in the accounts, to be able to help in executing account strategy, terms and conditions and other best practice effectively.
- Providing training to the merchandisers and supporting them to ensure successful implementation of the accounts strategy countrywide.
- Implementing Class of trade strategies for each brand to the best advantage for each S.K.U. in the account.
- Influencing and promoting PR brands from existing and prospective customers through a commercial based approach.
- Achieving and managing sales targets within an assigned account.
- Effectively manage customer/3rd party accounts to ensure sales revenues are in line with company objectives.
- Providing insights to PR teams on competitor plan and activities within different categories where relevant.
- Implementation of trading terms and other off trade business plans as per company objectives.
- Ensure flawless trade execution of the agreed planogram and enforcement of the agreed assortment through effectively managing and meeting with merchandising team.
- Understand key accounts order processes and align with merchandisers and our client’s logistics to ensure synergy, and efficient replenishment in order to avoid out of stock situations.
Business Planning and Forecasting
- Developing long term and short term detailed strategic business plans, which include profit forecasts and take the channel strategies into consideration in order to ensure that the business is developed in the respective channels and activities are implemented effectively.
- Ensuring that business plans also focused on the customer’s needs and displays both an in-depth understanding of the customer’s business as well as the objectives of our client
- Presenting business plans both to the clients as well as to relevant internal staff.
- Providing regular reporting – monthly and quarterly reviews with the customers as well as ensuring that there is regular reporting internally.
- Managing promotions from the initiation through to the successful implementation according to the agreed business plan.
- Communicating with the Sales Managers as well as other relevant internal and external parties to ensure that they are aware of the agreed business plan and the monthly and quarterly promotional cycles and work with them to ensure the successful implementation of these plans according to brand strategies.
- Utilising store layout, category development and shopper behaviour to maximise the return on investment.
- Maximising return on investment with measurable objectives with each key account customer according to customised activity plans.
- Ensuring the our client’s range is listed correctly and in line with the profile of the key account customer’s business.
- Liaising with our client’s Trade Marketing as well as the Marketing and Brand Managers to ensure that activities is in line with our client’s brand strategies.
- Developing and maintaining excellent partnership based relationships with the clients, both at their head office level as well as with the client’s store managers at a regional level.
- Regularly visiting regional branches for the various key accounts to develop and maintain relationships with the key stakeholders and optimize any available opportunities.
- Negotiating excellent customer agreements, which manage the commercial aspects of the business plan for both our client and the customer.
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships with the area sales managers and sales representatives and ensure that there is regular communication so that they are clear about what is being planned with the key accounts in their region.
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships with Marketing department – both with Trade Marketing and the Marketing and Brand Managers and ensure regular communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the FMCG sector, specifically in Key Accounts.
- Ability to motivate and lead 3rd Party contracts (merchandisers).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in use of Excel.
- Experience in using a Sales system.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Able to work independently within set parameters.
- Good negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to influence and engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online