The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established as a State Corporation under the Tourism Act 2011 to discharge the following mandates:
a. Organize and host meetings and provide incentive for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre:
b. Develop and implement the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in Collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders:
c. Market the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board;
d. And perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable person and invites applications for the post indicated below:
Company Secretary (1 Post)
Job Objective: To advise and facilitate the effective provision of legal services as well as professional advice on Governance issues to the Board and Management committees.
Description of Key Duties:
- Provide guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance.
- Assist the Board in carrying out the following:- Board induction and training, updating the Board and Committee charters, Preparation of Board work plans, Board evaluation, Governance audit and implementation of the code of conduct and ethics.
- Ensure the timely preparation and circulation of the Board and committee papers and minutes
- Be the custodian of the seal of the Organisation and account to the Board for its use
- Maintain and update the register of conflicts of interest
- Ensure that Board members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization
- Facilitate effective communication between the organization and the shareholders
- Ensure that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities
- Except in exceptional circumstances, ensure that Board and Committee papers are circulated in advance of any meeting.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will:
- Masters Degree in Law (LLM), or Public/Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree with minimum experience of six (6) years as an advocate of the High Court, three (3) years of which should have been at a senior position in large public or private organization;
- Certified Public Secretary – CPS (K) and a holder of current practicing certificate;
- Must meet requirements of Chapter six (6) and thirteen (13) of the Kenyan Constitution of 2010;
- Must have skills in Arbitration
Terms of Offer: The Corporation will offer a competitive remuneration package
Applications including updated Curriculum Vitae should reach the undersigned by 7th March, 2016.
Note: No on-line application.
The Managing Director
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746-00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Persons with special needs who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Kenyatta International Convention Centre is an Equal Opportunity employer.