The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) is a public policy research Institute established to develop human and institutional capacities by undertaking economic forecasting, policy analysis and research, and by contributing to the formulation of medium and long-term strategic perspectives for the economic and social development of Kenya.
In carrying out this mandate, the Institute seeks to recruit a competent person to join its team of professionals to the following vacant position:
- Maintaining an up to date books of accounts;
- Preparing consolidated budgets of KIPPRA; coordinating responses to audit queries;
- Processing KIPPRA payments and other disbursements;
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations, balance sheet and schedule;
- Processing petty cash payments;
- Processing statutory deductions and returns;
- Filing and providing safe custody of all accountable documents; and
- Ensuring compliance with established financial accounting and management systems.
Key Requirements for Appointment
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years as Assistant Accountant or equivalent relevant experience; OR
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting options) or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attained ACCA/Certified Public Accountant Part II;
- Experience in using computerized Accounting applications
- Experience in the use of Public Financial Management Reporting Standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications to be addressed and posted/hand delivered to:
The Executive Director KIPPRA
2nd Floor, Bishops Garden Towers, Bishops Road
P. O. Box 56445, 00100,
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
Telephone: 254 20 4936000/0736 712724
Deadline for receipt of applications is 19th February 2016 by 5.00 p.m.