Service Provider Capacity Building Specialist
DIG is recruiting county-based Service Provider Capacity Building Specialists to oversee activities of the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project in Kenya’s western region (Busia, Kakamega, Migori, Nyamira and Siaya), and eastern region (Kitui and Makueni).
DIG is a partner organization of KIWASH, a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya.
The Service Provider Capacity Building Specialist will support the development of sustainable sanitation value chains in a specific KIWASH county, including provision of technical assistance and capacity building support in equipment and safety, customer service, contracting, business management, and regulations to facilitate market-driven improvements in service delivery.
The Service Provider Capacity Building Specialist will carry out the implementation of day-to-day KIWASH activities in a target KIWASH County, and undertake the following tasks:
- Identify key stakeholders at both the government and at the community level;
- Identify critical implementation issues regarding the planning process and sanitation sector development;
- Work with appropriate local partners in target areas to identify needs to develop and deliver business development services to potential private WASH product and service providers;
- Increase direct involvement of the private sector in WASH and strengthen the commercial orientation in the sector overall;
- Conduct analysis of sanitation value chain capacity needs, develop sustainable programs to meet those needs, and deliver programming;
- Support strategic partnerships with the private sector and other development partners to assist in commercializing appropriate, promising technologies in the WASH sector;
- Promote development and enforcement of regulations for safe and sustainable sanitation services, including sanitation marketing and hygiene promotion with the aim of reducing open defecation practices;
- Identify opportunities to strengthen WASH monitoring and evaluation in target rural communities
- Provide regular and timely inputs into bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as annual work plan to the Service Capacity Building Manager ;
- Liaise with the KIWASH team and partners on the ground; and perform other tasks as required by supervisor(s).
- 7+ years of experience working in WASH-related programs;
- Master’s degree in a related area preferred;
- Familiarity with county stakeholders in the WASH sector;
- Experience working on community-based water supply and sanitation programs;
- English language written and verbal fluency.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your CV, cover letter, salary history, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the message: “Service Provider Capacity Building Specialist.”