The Kenyatta National Hospital Management invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Senior Assistant Director, Human Resource & Administration
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Deputy Director (Administration & Finance), the overall responsibility of the Senior Assistant Director, Human Resource & Administration will be to ensure implementation of the best human resource management practices and advise on appropriate strategies and policies to support the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Attract and retain competent staff
- Continuous staff development and appraisal
- Fair and equitable compensation of employees
- Management of harmonious employee relations
- Maintenance of appropriate working environment
- Effective cost control
- Good Corporate Governance
Key Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide transformational leadership and administrative direction to the Heads of Department.
- Formulate and implement Human Resource policies and strategies.
- Put in place effective performance management systems for the Hospital.
- Advise Managers on appropriate human resource management policies and strategies.
- Ensure effective staff recruitment and succession planning.
- Plan and direct employee development, performance and career management programs.
- Develop and ensure implementation of reward systems and remuneration policies and strategies that attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Formulate, recommend and implement Human Resource welfare schemes and policies.
- Ensure proper maintenance of Human Resource database.
- Prepare Human Resource annual budget and work plan.
- Provide employee-counselling services.
- Review organizational structures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration (HR Option) or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- A Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution/CPS (K)
- Working experience of at least ten (10) years, three (3) of which must be at a senior level in a large organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in human resource management information systems.
- Proven experience in Human Resource Training and Talent management will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of a Human Resource professional body (IHRM).
- Ability to function as part of a Senior Management team.
- Skills in strategic analysis and planning of human resource.
- Ability to lead change management in a complex health care environment.
- Understanding of financial management and experience in managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The position is on a three (3) year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates for this position and who meet the minimum requirements are requested to CLICK HERE to download and fill the Hospital Employment Application Form.
The form and copies of certificates and testimonials should be submitted on or before 26th February 2016 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta National Hospital,
P. O. Box 20723-00202
Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted