Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Brief Description: The Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the workplace and facilitate and provide guidance on all HSE matters on the site to both KPRL and Contractor staff in order to maintain the KPRL HSE Commitment and Policies at their current high standard.
The HSEA will be responsible for ensuring that employer and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Typical work activities will include:
- carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
- outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- making changes to working practices and ensuring they are safe and comply with legislation;
- preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
- leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
- recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for Management review
- advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Lead contact with external organisations like NEMA, DOHSS,OSMAG and OSRAT
- Manage the Statutory Health & Safety and Environmental Audits, involving external approved persons and internal operational & engineering functions to covering the entire site and complexities thereof.
- Technical Graduate level
- Refinery Operation or Process or Engineering experience (> 10 years)
- Served in a senior HSE position within the last 5 years
- Working knowledge of the Factories Act and related Regulations
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act and NEMA Regulations
- Experience in hydro carbon handling a real advantage
- IT literate, analytical and capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity in a challenging business environment, please send your application with detailed curriculum vitae with three references, cell phone contact and current salary, to the address below not later than 4th March 2016
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Petroleum Refineries Limited
P.O. Box 90401 – 80100 GPO