Lamu County Government
County Public Service Board
The Lamu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per Sections 54, 50, 51, 58 and 63 of the County Governments Act.
Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management Services
Job Group ‘P’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
An Officer at this level may be deployed at the Directorate of Supply Chain Management Service in a County Department of Public Service Management and Administration and shall be responsible for:
- Policy implementation and interpretation on supply chain management
- Advising the department on matters of supply chain management policy and management
- Providing guidance in overall supply chain management policy and management
- Issuing administrative guidelines on implementation and interpretation of the Act, Regulations and other statutes
- Interpreting international trade agreements / policies relates to procurement
- Partnerships in County Government asset management
- Implement inventory management information system
- Providing guidance on procurement policies and procedures
- Liaising with other finance management functions on the issues of procurement
- Providing overall guidance on disposal of County Government inventory and other assets
- Undertake capacity building of staff at county level
- Advising on quality assurance on goods, works and services
- Management, training and development of County Supply Chain personnel
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Bachelors Degree in any or the following :- Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supplies Management, Marketing, Law or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Supplies Management or its approved equivalent from a recognized Institution:
- A Masters Degree in any of the following:- Procurement and Supply Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce or any other relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Relevant working experience of not less than five (5) years preferable at senior level
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
In addition to the above requirements an officer must have the following key personal attributes and core competences:-
- Ability to articulate and implement Departmental Mandates.
- Organizational, analytical, managerial and decision making skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Technical problem solving.
- Resource management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Integrity and commitment to producing results.
- Leadership, advocacy, relationship building and collaboration result oriented self driven.
- Appreciation and application of technology in the work environment.
- Passion for continues professional development.
- Initiative to achieve expected results.
- People management
- Financial management
- Policy implementation
- Strategy implementation
How to Apply
The candidate should attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- Copies of clearance certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
Women, persons with disability and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
All application should be addressed to:-
Lamu County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 536-80500
AND MUST be received on or before 17th February 2016.