Main Purpose of the Job: The Communications and Community Engagement Manager is responsible for managing all internal and external communications for the company ensuring its messages are consistent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Collating and analysing media coverage;
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Manage all branding materials and designs in tandem with global directives
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Degree in Communications or its equivalent from accredited university
- Two (2) years’ experience in a busy communications function
- Experience in SEO selling
- Proven record in executing communications programs
- Exceptional verbal, editing and writing skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding of the full digital web development lifecycle
Interested and suitably qualified candidates to submit their application, including a detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and two professional referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 24th February 2016.
Give details of your current salary and the expected salary in this position on the body of your Application Letter.
Lamudi is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
No phone calls please.