Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No.
42 of 2012 to, among other functions, Coordinate the Placement of
Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
The Placement Service invites applications for the following position:
- Provide legal advice and prepare legal opinions and interpretation on all legal issues;
- Organize Board Meetings, and coordinates preparation of agenda including other documents required;
- Prepare Minutes of the Board Meetings and ensure their circulation;
- Ensure implementation of legal agreements and contracts in liaison with relevant divisions / departments;
- Draft legal documents and negotiate contracts, leases, formal agreements and other legal instruments between the placement service and other parties;
- Manage legal implications of the policies, procedures and projects of the Service including attend to court cases on behalf of the service and prepare reports;
- Develop effective defence strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings on behalf of the Placement Service and prepare reports;
- Conduct legal research, develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions;
- Develop a data bank of the litigation status of the organization;
- Plan and budget for the unit;
- Have served in the grade of legal officer for a minimum period of five (5) years in comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a certified public secretary of good standing;
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have a current Law Practicing Certificate;
- Have attended a Management Course lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications; and
- Have demonstrated a high degree of integrity, professional competence and ability in the administration and management of the legal function as reflected in work performance and results.
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and accountability. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A Licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Director of Criminal Investigation
applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed
envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-0101,
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disabilities, women and people from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of the applications is March 4, 2016 at 5.00 pm.