If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Assistant Branch Manager!
Living Goods supports a network of over 900 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
- Recruit, train and manage Community Health Promoters.
- Motivate Community Health Promoters to meet health and sales targets.
- Ensure all Community Health Promoters know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
- Support Community Health Promoters in learning and using correctly their smartphones and the health-centered Android apps
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support agent sales.
- Contribute to Branch operations.
- Achieve sales targets and health impact goals.
- Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out basis.
- Manage the financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
- Build strong community relations.
- Diploma in Health related areas welcome.
- Minimum 1 year experience in health/community related work.
- Team player with drive for results.
- Ability to provide guidance to Community Health Promoters.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Ability to interact with community elders, Community Health Promoters and clients.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to test new innovations and learn fast.
- Proficiency with Ms-Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
- Excellent oral communication skills in English.
- Experienced in handling microcredit a plus
- Luhya, Luo, Kiswahili speaking added advantage.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply for this position online on our applicant tracking system.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @Living_Goods