If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Branch Manager!
Living Goods supports a network of over 900 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
Agent Support and Motivation
- Motivate agents in-field to achieve health and sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
- Ensure all CHPs are delivering impact in the communities both through remote checks and through in-field checks (esp. diagnosis and treatment)
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHPs sales goals.
- Lead monthly meeting of agents.
- Manage Branch team members, ensuring performance
- Manage Branch financial operations and ensure that the books balance: cash matches sales on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain inventory.
- Manage operations to keep costs as low as possible.
- Manage relations between the implementing partner organizations.
- Diploma in Business or Health related areas; Bachelor of Arts welcome.
- Minimum 2 years experience in health/community related work.
- Business related degree or diploma a plus.
- Management experience a must.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Luhya, Luo, Kiswahili speaking added advantage.
- Proficiency with Ms-Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
- Flexible and willing to travel across Kenya and stay for some nights up-country.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply for this position online on our applicant tracking system.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @Living_Goods