Western Region, Kenya
If you are a natural entrepreneurial pharmaceutical technologist who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be a bit for Living Goods’ Branch team.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
- Motivate agents to meet health targets.
- Achieve health impact goals.
- Ensure all agents know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
- Support agents in learning and using correctly the health-centered Android apps.
- Provide as needed professional advice and training on dispensing, handling and management of drugs and pharmaceuticals to branch staff and to CHPs
- Manage the premises registration with the PPB
- Monitor drugs handed out, respond to queries from CHPs and address drug reactions if and when they occur
- Represent the branch in pharmaceuticals forums in the county
- Manage the branch pharmacy and ensure that all protocols pertaining to; storage, labeling, tracking, recall and recording are adhered to.
- Allow access and accompany authorized officers as per the provision of Cap 244 to carry out inspections and respond to any concerns that may arise.
- Motivate agents to meet sales targets.
- Achieve sales targets
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support agent sales.
- Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
- Recruit, train and manage Community Health Promoters.
- Support agents in learning and using correctly their smartphones
- Contribute to branch operations.
- Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out basis.
- Manage the financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Manage Build strong community relations.
- Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technology required (NOTE: must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board) and have your license available for use.
- Diploma in Business or Health related areas; Bachelor of Arts welcome.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in health/community related work.
- Management experience a must.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Ability to interact with community elders, Community Health Promoters and clients.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Luhya, Luo, Kiswahili speaking added advantage.
- Proficiency with Ms-Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
- Flexible and willing to travel across Kenya and stay for some nights up-country.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online for this position online on our applicant tracking system.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @Living_Goods