We would like to apply the use of the mobile wallet as a payment system on other sectors such as agriculture and education.
M- Lab Field Coordinator Job Purpose: Reporting to the Lab Team Leader and Lab Manager, the Lab Field Coordinator is responsible for the formulation and implementation of Lab Tests in the area of education.
M- Lab Field Coordinator Job Duties:
- Conceptualize new test models involving the mobile wallet and quality education.
- Recruitment and training field agents and any other identified stakeholder so as to implement the proposed model.
- Work with the Lab Team leader in determining research budgets and schedules.
- Support with the development of research and data-collection instruments by carrying out pilots.
- Receive, resolve and/or revert complaints from the various actors to the Lab Manager and Team Leader.
- Pro-actively detect problems and opportunities and find solutions to different issues related to the lab projects and maintain documentation for reference purposes. In addition, track test progress and correct any deviations and delays.
- Identify partners who Dodore can engage with so as to scale up the projects.
- Approach actors in the education sector i.e. donors, NGOs, Government and market the proposed models for scalability.
- Make logistic arrangements in carrying out of internal and external Lab meetings.
- Assist in other tasks that may be assigned by the M-Lab Manager or Team Leader.
- Recently obtained or about to complete a Master’s degree in a Social Science / Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science degree with 3 years of work experience.
- At least one year of demonstrated experience in designing, and implementing research projects, preferably educational projects.
- Proven experience in supervising teams on the ground, both motivating and mentoring as well as monitoring.
- Proven experience in writing of concepts and reports.
- Ability to carry out data entry and analysis using SPSS and excel will be an added advantage
- Pro-active attitude and be able to think outside of the box.
- An active network in the educational sector (educational institutions, donors, NGOs, government) is considered an advantage.
- Willingness to work in informal settlements and occasional travel to (rural) areas in other parts of the country.
- Kenyan Nationals only.
Intended Starting date: 22nd February 2016
In order to apply for this job strictly send your cover letter and CV as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org i.e. convert both cover letter and CV to PDF and merge to one PDF file.
Cover letter should be customized to this position
Strictly mention your name and ‘Application Field Coordinator – Education’ in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications and applications beyond the deadline will not be accepted.
Deadline for Applications: Friday 5th February.
For more information: www.dodore.co.ke