Our client is in the Manufacturing industry, is seeking to recruit a Sales Engineer applicant who will be responsible for serving customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
The role will require one who has good product knowledge especially in solar related products and will be based in Nairobi.
Purpose of the Job: The role of the Sales Engineer is to serve customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
The role will require one who has good product knowledge especially in solar related products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Knowledge of Plug and play products and water heating systems.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum requirement is a degree in
- Marketing or related field.
- 2-3 years working Manufacturing experience is ideal.
- Experience in the Energy sector, (Solar energy) is an added advantage.
- Good product knowledge in solar water heating systems
- Good product knowledge in (Solar products).
- Problem Solving
- Product Knowledge
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Software Requirements
- Product Development
- Presentation Skills
- General Programming Skills
- Technical Understanding
- Verbal Communication
- Requirements Analysis, Innovation
If you meet the minimum qualifications, send your application with subject line ‘’Sales Engineer’’ to email@example.com