Contract Type: Fixed to 1st Nov 2018
Role Purpose: African Health Markets for Equity (AHME) is a six year, $60 million innovative six year project that is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Department for International Development.
The Partnership Lead will be part of the AHME Project Management Unit, reporting to the AHME Director.
Scope of Role and Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide guidance and support to partners in the country team to ensure that AHME is implemented effectively with high impact.
- Lead on the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed implementation plans for AHME to ensure the project is delivered within the timeframe and achieves all significant milestones. Agree plans with partners and present to AHME Director for approval.
- Review and approve all AHME sub-contracts and consultancy ToRs.
- Monitor progress through regular field visits, review of indicators, and meetings with PMU, partners, service providers, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the effective use of donor resources. Ensure compliance with donor requirements at all levels (reporting, procurement, visibility, budget etc.) and be in charge of the communication to the PMU.
- Ensure supply, demand, and policy streams are synergistic and coordinated
- In collaboration with partners, monitor environmental opportunities and challenges. Work together with the country team and PMU to adjust and refine plans as needed to seize opportunies and mitigate risks.
- Organise AHME Technical Advisory Group meetings, and use the TAG to ensure early understanding of environmental changes.
- Develop and take ownership of a formal risk matrix for the country.
- Work closely with the AHME Director and PMU to ensure Country plans and implementation are aligned with the AHME Theory of Change
- Build an effective working relationship with partnership members and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure coordination of AHME partnership at all levels of implementation, and especially supervise joint activities
- Organise workshops, training and review meetings as relevant
- Lead the development and implementation of a country level advocacy and communication plans in coordination with partnership members
- Represent country at AHME Leadership Team meetings
- Maintain regular, productive communications between donor agencies (in-country), AHME partners and other key stakeholders
- Prepare periodic reports for international monitoring and provide input to the interim and final reports to the donor
- Develop case studies for publication
- Proven experience in strategic planing and project management (essential).
- Proven experience in, and technical understanding of, Health Financing (essential) and specifically of Health Insrurance in sub Saharan Africa (desirable).
- Proven experience in primary health service delivery (essential), including Social Franchising (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience of project financial and budget management.
- Proven experience of designing and implementing M&E frameworks, including: routine data collection, data quality assurance and data use, preferably for public health interventions (essential)
- Publication experience including case studies, abstracts/presentations for international conferences, research papers (essential)
- Experience of developing research plans and of identifying research gaps (desirable)
- Experience of capturing and analysing Health Insurance data (desirable)
- Experience in partnering with with international donors, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Department For International Development (desirable)
- Master’s degree (MA, MPH, MSc) in public health or relevant field of social science or equivalent experience
- Excellent representational skills with experience of negotiating and influencing governments, working with partners, donors and development agencies
- Ability to use effective strategies to facilitate change initiatives and overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-choice (essential)
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in defining goals and objectives
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 19th February 2016.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “AHME Partnership lead ”