we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family
planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
This role, reporting to the Country Director is responsible for providing strategic procurement, logistics and security management and leadership, ensuring appropriate systems, procedures and controls are in place and fully implemented as an integral part of all staff responsibilities to support the continued growth of the country programme.
The Director is the guardian of procurement, logistics and security policies. Oversees the design, development, delivery and monitoring of logistics and procurement of goods and services.
The role is a member of the Country Management Team which is the senior leadership and decision making team of MSK. Reflecting MSK’s values in its behaviour and led by the Country Director, the CMT is made up of five core departments which, working together and mutually accountable, are responsible for development and delivery of a strategic programme characterized by a social enterprise model that is sustainable and delivers value for money in the medium to long term.
The overall aim of the procurement/ logistics department: is to provide value for money and ensure quality, and efficiency, systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Measures
Strategically lead on procurement, purchasing and supply chain processes within MSK.
- To ensure the smooth running of end to end supply chain operations at a central, service delivery and regional levels (procurement, purchasing, regulatory, quality assurance and inventory management)
- Implement internal business processes and dissemination of best practice across programme functions.
- Provide leadership in issuance of tenders, bid analysis and selection of contractors / suppliers in conformity with procurement guidelines and MSK standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with donor procurement guidelines and requirements.
- Maintain a professional relationship with public sector partners to ensure adequate availability of commodities for service delivery.
- Maintain and strengthen MSK Approved Suppliers.
- Procurement plan fully implemented to budget and on time
- 100% compliance with quality measures i.e. Q-tracker
- Well implemented stock management system
- Fully implemented policies and procedures.
- Policies well known and used by end users.
- Demonstration of excellence at all points of the business process.
- Constant supplies of commodities, medical supplies/equipment to service delivery points, with minimal complaints from corresponding channel leads.
- No material audit queries regarding MSK procurement, logistics and security processes.
- Well documented and transparent suppliers list
- Ensure that proper records of vehicles, maintenance schedules, fuel consumption patterns, wear-and-tear are kept
- Ensure that a functional logbook system is maintained for the fleet to ensure accountability for mileages covered, purpose of travel and proper authorisation
- Ensure the identification of credible repair facilities and enter into maintenance contracts with such contractors
- Ensure all licensing and insurance requirements for all vehicles are kept up-to-date
- Organization vehicles and motor bikes are well maintained and in good working condition at all times.
- Vehicle logs are well kept and movements efficiently coordinated and approved in advance.
- Monthly fuel usage are collated and analysed
- Insurance and roadworthy certificates are up to date
- Accidents are reported immediately and follow up actions taken (police, insurance, etc.)
- Ensure MSK centres and support offices are well maintained and secure.
- Maintain a register of incidents and action plan on the basis of this including securing relevant budget and outsourcing work as required.
- Other responsibilities as required, commensurate with the role of a senior executive management team member.
- Safety and security is a priority for every programme lead and staff operate without incident.
- MSK is considered a safe place to work with clear improvement schedules budgeted for, in programme work plans and implemented.
- Manage recruitment, performance monitoring, team motivation, and talent development within the procurement/logistics and security department, in coordination with the Director People and Development.
- Ensure all department teams and team members have OGSMs related to clear and achievable team workplans, and that performance appraisals are conducted on that basis.
- Directly manage and supervise the performance of department leads in line with MSK’s performance management system.
- Demonstrate one MSK/MSI team behaviours
- Completed Performance and staff development plans
- Work plans and OGSMs in place
- OGSM performance management reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Commerce / Purchasing & Supply Post Graduate will be an advantage
- Other professional qualifications, ideally membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) is desirable
- Significant experience in a similar position at senior management level, with ideally both NGO and private sector exposure excellent knowledge of supply chain management
- Ability to perform under pressure, handle heavy workloads; and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Strategic thinker, excellent analytical skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance
- Organisation and communication skills
- Cross-functional team player
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- In this role, you must be able to lead a team in both managing strategy development and using the opportunities in existing work to achieve success
- You will take initiative with your team and across the CMT to realise efficiencies and impact
- Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- In this role creativity will be needed to inspire the team to use ideas based on local knowledge
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- In this role your team will feel listened to, well informed, know what they should be doing through the efficient use of management time
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
- The role is part of the CMT and together with them takes responsibility for the delivery of MSK’s strategic plan Working together is essential in achieving results
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Your plan will be clearly made out and changes will be agreed and reported regularly and on time
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- As part of the CMT and in order to meet the needs of contractual obligations to investors / donors your work will be clear accountable and effective
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- This role will be an excellent networker.
- Timely action will be taken on information regarding your areas of responsibility
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- This post-holder must actively seek knowledge that can be shared and keep the teams up to date on latest views
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Regular reporting will indicate ability to conceive, design and deliver on results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to email@example.com on or before 9th March 2016.