Position Title: Propensity Scoring Consultant
Primary Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Category: Temporary
Deadline: 17th February 2016
Arifu is a Nairobi-based social enterprise making it possible for the world’s least served people to access the information, products, and services they need from the organizations they trust on any mobile phone.
Its solution has been shown to drive significant behavior change that leads to increased productivity and income for our learners.
Mercy Corps’ AgriFin Accelerate is a six-year, three-country US$ 25 million program of Mercy Corps, supported by The MasterCard Foundation.
AgriFin Accelerate seeks to increase one million smallholder farmers’ access to and use of affordable, well-designed and appropriate financial products and services that drive higher productivity and income for farm families in Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia.
Arifu and Mercy Corps are partnering with a regional financial institution and global financial inclusion consortium on a project that seeks to provide interactive mobile education to 100,000 learners by August 2016.
Goals of the partnership are to achieve:
- Reach: engage 100,000 women, youth, and smallholder farmers with digital learning opportunities in financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and interactive learning on 5 financial products and services.
- Impact: achieve measurable learning outcomes defined by capacity building, behavior change related to skills and usage of financial services, and improved livelihoods.
- Insights: generate insights that will inform best practice in the use of two-way, interactive communications between a financial service provider and its customer base to increase the effectiveness and scalability of education and access to finance.
Arifu will provide the partners with an end-to-end service including content design, delivery, and data. The bank will provide learning materials, access to subject matter experts, integration into several delivery channels and customer data (demographics and transactional records).
MercyCorps and the financial inclusion consortium will provide technical expertise, publishing, and catalytic financial support.
This partnership will explore deep innovations in how financial service providers can effectively and profitably deliver two-way interactive learning across their customer and beneficiary networks at scale.
This includes personalized and adaptive learning, behaviorally informed content, credit scoring, and product matching.
Description of Service: The Propensity Scoring Consultant will oversee the design and development of Arifu’s product matching algorithms to be tested during the course of this project.
The consultant will work closely with the Arifu team, service providers, and partners in the coordination of work leading to the timely provision of deliverables.
It will be important for the consultant to consider variables and algorithms that are likely to be predictive at scale across a wider range of topics, modes, countries, and learner segments beyond the scope of this project.
In particular, the Propensity Scoring Consultant will provide:
- Support in cleaning data for modelling
- Defining and codifying variables for use in predictive modelling
- One round of modeling and testing algorithms based on different learners, content, and variables
- Development of at least three distinct algorithms for comparative testing at each round both for CS and PM
Deliverables and Timeline:
- Deliverable 1: detailed implementation plan with propensity scoring theories/methods to explore [15 February 2016]
- Deliverable 2: complete set of codified variables for use in algorithm development [1 April 2016]
- Deliverable 3: propensity scoring algorithms [1 May 2016]
- Deliverable 4: testing and results [1 September 2016]
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) and bio data information to email@example.com on or before Wednesday 17th February 2016 by 5.00 pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Candidates who had already applied, need not re-apply for this position (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)