Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations.
Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America and the Middle East and reaches people in more than 75 countries.
With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and Dakar, Senegal that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
Currently the MI is seeking applications for:
Senior Project Officer, Project Country Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job #: 2016-AFR-TAN-01
The Senior Project Officer will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the MI component of the project in their country under the supervision of the MI Project Manager.
S/he will be responsible for all aspects of program delivery including preparing detailed implementation plans; liaising with government and other key partners in country; developing TORs, contracting and overseeing the performance of any consultants or other sub-grantees; ensuring timely delivery of all program components; setting up and managing a system to monitor project progress; preparing donor and other reports as required; ensuring clear communication of all activities to the MI Country Director in a timely fashion.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Program Development and Planning
- Program Implementation and Management
- Program Monitoring
- Financial Management
- Communication and External Relations
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: nutrition, public health, epidemiology or similar relevant discipline preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ nutrition program management experience working at a national level
- Experience advocating to government on policy change and/or guideline development for nutrition or public health programs
- Experience with formative research and other research methods preferred
- Experience developing and running training programs preferred
- Familiarity with the key project stakeholders, including project partners, donors, private sector, NGOs and government departments
For a complete job description please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting job#: 2016-AFR-TAN-01 in the subject line.
Competition closes February 22, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.