Job Title: Network Support Analyst
Overall Job Purpose: The jobholder is responsible for the planning and provision of quality end to end information and information technology Infrastructure services and solutions within branches.
The jobholder will ensure effective provision of ATMS, POS, Networks Communications and improve services to the bank’s customers.
Accountability: Networks and Infrastructure Service Support
- Ensure Barclays Group IT standards and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Support and manage the network infrastructure
- Handle all aspects of problem definition through to resolution, supplier liaison, development of escalation procedures and monitoring adherence to them.
- To carry out system administration, performance tuning and capacity planning, in particular to continually assess the installation to ensure it is appropriate for current and planned developments making recommendations for change.
- Evaluate equipment requirements and proposals for supply, implementation and development of new or existing services and systems.
- Keep updated with the latest trends in IT and IS development.
- Provide complete support to IT Service and Support analysts, involving expert input into resolution of complex problems, installation , operation and management of servers and clients.
- Install, test and audit hardware and software systems and configure the computers to ensure effective and secure systems.
- Ensure SLA’s are followed and met, through the monitoring and reporting of targets, and the undertaking of corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure all current IT systems are operating effectively.
- Ensure that documentation of server configurations, local area networks and any changes to the configuration/network design is carried out.
- Ensure the highest level of system availability and performance is achieved through measurement and proactive initiatives.
- Regular monitoring of all outstanding faults and liaison with the services providers regarding the faults and provide reports on a regular basis on network and bandwidth utilisation.
- Participate in the activities of the change delivery team to ensure effective delivery of related support and project services to the business
Accountability: Test Management
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments as assigned to you by Line Management
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Compile and review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Participate in functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
Accountability: Business Liaison
Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
Role / Person Specification
- Education and Experience Required
- Undergraduate or higher
- 3 years IT experience minimum
Subject Matter Expert Qualifications
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Cisco Certified, N+
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT exposure
Knowledge & Skills:
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment (Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills (Solid)
- Ability to analyse, make decision and initiate act (Solid)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
How to Apply
Incase you believe you career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 29th February 2016