Nyeri Hospice is a charitable organization that provides Palliative care for the terminally ill Cancer Patients in Mount Kenya region.
To strengthen our management team and leadership, we are seeking to recruit a suitable qualified Kenyan in the position of Finance and Administration Officer and urgently invite applications from highly competent, proactive and self-driven individuals to fill the vacant position in our Organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of accounting policies, procedures and control systems for good financial practice and management.
- Carry out the overall accounting function in the organization, controlling and coordinating both routine and non-routine accounting matters e.g. staff pay roll, PAYE etc.
- Verification and authorization of payment vouchers, preparation of interim and final financial reports.
- Participate in the negotiations, development and appraisal of funding proposals and progress reports to various development partners/donors.
- Promote new and innovative financing approach to contribute in the achievement of outstanding results.
- Provide the necessary financial reports required from time to time by the Board of Directors, Development partners/donors and other agencies
- Liaison with the external auditors’ and other authorities that may require information on financial matters.
- Committed and dedicated person
- Sensitive to the needs of patients with life threatening illnesses.
- A good communicator
- A team player
Academic and Professional Qualifications
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience.
- A Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized Institution of higher learning
- CPA Part I
- At least 3 years working experience in related fields of finance and resource mobilization
- Computer literate with knowledge in Microsoft Office and Quick Books Accounting Software
Applications should be sent to the following address including the name and address of three professional referees, a C.V, indicating day telephone numbers.
Applications must be submitted not later than Friday, 26th February 2016.
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 2246-10140
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org