Job Title: Office Cleaner
Purpose of role: To ensure that the offices, toilets, kitchen and stairs are kept in a clean and orderly condition
Key responsibilities: Provide a high quality cleaning service that includes tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, dusting, emptying bins, and polishing surfaces.
Offices and Corridors
- Clean, dust and mop office floors by using a variety of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that cleaning liquids are mixed in correct and safe quantities.
- Dust/polish all surfaces including equipment.
- Wipe down desks and chairs and make sure that stubborn stains are removed using appropriate cleaning materials.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets and make sure that they are dried out before the day begins
Kitchen & Toilets
- Wipe all surface
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Empty trash cans and ashtrays and make sure that all trash is properly disposed off.
- Clean sinks, taps, draining board and basins
- Clean each toilet and the Stairs
- Ensure that the office kitchen and equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
- Clean and wash down windows and ensure that they are dried properly.
- Brush and mop internal entrance stairs and first floor stairways Cleaning stock level maintenance
- Notify administration when materials are running low so that they can be ordered centrally.
- Wash down restrooms and ensure they are sanitized properly.
- Replenish towels, soap and toilet paper in bathrooms on a regular basis.
- Ensure proper cleanliness of the areas around the office such as walkways and parking lots.
- Previous experience of cleaning, including the use of chemicals and using cleaning machinery safely.
- Demonstrated reliability.
- KCSE Qualifications.
- Post KCSE qualifications like a diploma level will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, send your application with subject line ‘’Office Assistant’’ to firstname.lastname@example.org