Job Title: Newsroom Manager
Industry: Online Media
Salary: 150K – 200K
Our client is a fast growing local news site tailored for the mobile web connecting local news writers to readers, and bringing free county-level news to any internet-enabled phone.
They seek to hire a Newsroom Manager who will be in charge of coordinating activities within the newsroom.
- Day-to-day management of the newsroom to ensure all activities are running smoothly
- Weekly analysis of story load for editors
- Working with the editors to increase content quality, grow our audience and sell adverts
- Prepare work schedules and rotations for editors
- Review on a monthly basis, the editors’ productivity and performance reports
- Sub editor recruitment and training
- Overseeing discipline and promotions
- Develop new efficient methods for editorial training
- Encourage feedback from editors and share ideas with the tech team about new features
- Cheaters management
- Advice on how to improve readership
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- A Degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3 years concrete experience directly managing a team of 10+
- Great leadership skills: very organised, strict, excellent long-term planning skills, good speaker
- Experience writing performance reports, disciplining, designing promotion systems
- Experience maintaining/enforcing staff schedules (24hr coverage, record sick/off/leave days)
- Highly creative
- The ability to develop strategies to obtain more news story submissions
- Good general knowledge of online content, content creation
- Tech savvy
- Active on social media
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Newsroom Manager) to email@example.com before Friday 19th February, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.