Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: General Manager – Cocoa
Location: Tanzania- Kyela
Purpose: Plan and coordinate the procurement of Cocoa, funds management and timely reporting of unit activities
- Design, implement and manage the procurement strategy for Cocoa with the respective teams below him to drive and deliver volumes as per the overall business plan.
- Optimize utilization of processing and quality resources in the unit to derive maximum capacity utilization and efficiencies and to eliminate controllable losses and minimize the impact of non-controllable losses.
- Support in implementation of the required infrastructure to deliver volumes as per the business plan.
- Ensure strict adherence to all the laid down systems and procedures without exception.
- Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets.
- Counterparty & Credit Risk Management.
- Ensure high motivational levels in the team and get the team aligned with the overall product strategy that is followed.
- Support the PCH in pricing and positional decisions by providing adequate and timely market information.
- Interface with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, approvals, etc
- Capability building amongst local staff
- At least a graduate in a business related degree from a recognized high institute of learning.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in supply chain/operation.
- Willing to travel extensively on field visits.
- Experience in spread out operations including a good understanding of accounting.
- Experienced in managing at least 20 direct employees.
- Good pedigree.
- Very good commercial bent of mind and outcome oriented.
- Ability to handle large range of activities independently.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 17th February 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
East African National are also eligible to apply.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Operations Manager”