Oshwal Aid / HELB Scholarship 2015 / 2016
Oshwal Aid: Oshwal aid a welfare arm of the Oshwal Education and Relief Board (OE&RB) and in association with Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), invites eligible university students to apply for Scholarships for the financial year 2015/2016.
Vision: Oshwal Aid envisages healthy communities, prospering in harmony with natural environment and in which people are inspired to improve the quality of their own and lives of others.
Mission: Oshwal Aid assists communities around East Africa through a wide range of programmes in education, health, disaster relief and sustainable development, where such aid is delivered efficiently and effectively by Oshwal Community members throughout East Africa.
The scholarship will fund 10 students for the total tenure of study, for undergraduate degree programmes.
The fund supports needy entrants, in local universities, to a maximum of Kshs.100,000.00 per annum.
This scholarship will only finance the following courses of study:
- Business Studies and Management
- Fine Arts
- Political Science
- Information systems and technology
- Environmental Studies
The applicant must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen with a residential status in Kenya;
- Have sat for the KCSE or equivalent level not more than one year prior to the application;
- Have obtained a mean grade of B+ or above, with at least B plain in English and Mathematics;
- Demonstrate need for financial aid;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, community service/spirit, concern for others, talent, concern about the environment and solid character; and
- Provide reference letters from two referees, one of whom must be the secondary school head teacher.
- Provide an hand written personal statement of at least 300 words giving reasons why you deserve the scholarship
Conditions of the Scholarship:
The applicant must:
- Show proof of placement at a university before the scholarship is awarded; and
- Is expected to provide academic progress reports and reference letters from the university on a yearly basis to maintain funding for the ongoing period of study.
Oshwal Aid and Higher Education Loans Board reserve the right to discontinue the scholarship for students who fail to obtain the required grades to proceed to the next level of study, or are not able to obtain satisfactory reference letters from the university.
Beneficiaries will undertake to provide academic transcripts to HELB at the end of each semester / academic year.
Application forms maybe downloaded from the HELB website (www.helb.co.ke).
The deadline for the submission of the applications is 8th April, 2016.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Boards
18th Floor, Anniversary Towers
P.O. Box 69489 -00400