Position: Procurement Executive
Our client, a leading worldwide manufacturer and distributor of protective packaging systems is seeking to recruit a Procurement Executive
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Evaluate vendor’s quotation to ensure that they are in line with the technical and commercial specifications required
- Ensure that the import procedures are in line with the country as well as international trade regulations, policies and procedures
- In charge of daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, issuing and following up on Purchase Orders delivery and shipment schedules
- Resolve supply, quality, service and invoicing issues with vendors
- Responsible for handling all necessary documentations from Import Declaration Form to clearing through agents.
- Maintaining complete database of all clients including location, key persons, purchase policy, payments terms required, quality & price.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements
- Obtain and negotiate the best pricing with suppliers
- Ensure secure, efficient and cost effective clearing services with favorable commercial terms from the pre-qualified suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers and relevant internal departments and customers to ensure effective smooth flow of procurement function
- Contracting service providers like Clearing & Forwarding Agents, transporters
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing and Supplies
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in handling imports
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Experience in custom clearance and importation
- Accounting back ground will be an added advantage
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th February, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, and expected remuneration, on the subject line.