Job Ref: 208/2/2016
Our client, a construction and engineering company is seeking a Procurement & Transport Assistant
Job Purpose: Tendering. Inventory Management. Fleet management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce quality Pre-Qualification Questionnaires submissions.
- Identify and follow up on all potential leads for prospective business.
- In conjunction with the management team, assist in selecting tenders to pursue based on their relative competitiveness, capabilities and workload.
- Prepare tender submissions in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare and follow up on tender clarification submissions.
- Ensure that tender site meetings are attended and relevant information fed back for inclusion in tenders.
- Keep track and up-to-date records of our prequalified sub-contractors
- Evaluate technical requirements and assigning portions of the scope to various subcontractors and suppliers.
- Source supplier and subcontractor quotations and following up where necessary.
- Evaluate conditions of tender/contract and mitigating the company’s risk exposure.
- Prepare commercial and technical write up on our offer for inclusion in tenders.
- Estimate and prepare accurate schedules of prices.
- Compile and submit reports on tendering feedback on a weekly basis to management.
- Stock taking
- Stores requisitions
- Stock & Inventory control
- Ensure timely delivery of construction materials to site
- Ensure materials are monitored from store to sites
- Manage fuel usage
- Supervise drivers and ensure they adhere to policies and procedures
- Vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Prepare reports of all the above duties and submit to manager
- Track procurement, transport and stores details in the procurement system
- Degree/Diploma in procurement or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement and tender preparation
- Experience in construction or road construction industry an advantage
- Be conversant with procurement and store software
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of tendering policies and procedures
- Commercial awareness of tendering and bidding processes
- Good attention to detail with high importance placed on accuracy.
- Strong writing and proof reading skills
- Able to prioritize and work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task, working on several projects at any one time
- Quality focused
- Flexible with working hours to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Interviews will go on as we receive applications.