Job Ref.: TBAL-265600
Salary Range: Between 150K -200K KShs
Our client is a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of known local brands.
Purpose of the Job: The incumbent will have direct responsibility and authority over the company’s production function; encompassing production, research and development, plant maintenance, meeting set company objectives (e.g. production targets underpinning sales budgets).
She/he is also responsible for the company’s compliance with Occupational Safety & Safety Regulations.
Key Results Areas
- Production and resources requirement planning and management in line with periodic sales forecasts and/or specific products requests, and making sure that product is available to meet the above requirements.
- Carries out Research and Development on new products and develops new methods of analysis whenever necessary to ensure the organization maintains its competitive edge against competitors.
- Ensure that all Quality Assurance and Quality control activities are proactive and built into company products and all other activities before the products reach the final customer.
- Attends to and investigates all customers, interested and affected parties complains pertaining to product Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental aspects and ensures that the appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Investigates and makes recommendations on issues pertaining to poor quality and environmental performance, occupational safety and health problems associated with the company’s activities, products and service.
- Spearheads the development, implementation and maintenance of the quality (ISO 9001:2008) and Environmental and Management systems standards.
- Performance management of all employees under direct or indirect supervision.
- Ensure that the company keeps abreast of technical developments that affects its business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Food and Science technology or its equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in product management preferable in fast moving consumer good
- High level of initiative and good understanding of technology
- Must have a sense of urgency and be deadline-oriented
- Good research and project management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Results oriented and good leadership skills
- Technical know-how to assist with customer queries
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews