Preterm Birth Initiative (PTBI) Kenya – Job Vacancies
Background of the PTBI Project: The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) are collaborating in a four year implementation project to decrease the burden of preterm births and associated illnesses.
The main activities will focus on improving data use, quality improvements and capacity strengthening around intrapartum and post natal care.
The implementation will be conducted in Migori County.
Position: Project Accountant
Reports to: Principle Investigator
Duration: 1 Year – contract renewable
Job Description: We would like to hire a project accountant who’ll be in charge of accounting functions.
Duties for the position are as outlined below, though not exhaustive as roles can be added as directed by the position supervisor.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reports on usage of project funds to the Supervisor and the sponsor as stipulated.
- Provide support for procurement process in a manner that’s transparent, fair and in accordance with policy.
- Provide logistic support to the project
- Effectively manage all service providers and suppliers
- Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain inventory.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income and expenditures) are managed in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor budget utilization and communicate variances on a monthly basis to the P.I
- Work with KEMRI management on timely monthly reports.
- Assist in relevant administrative duties for the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Should have a minimum or equivalent of CPA part 2
- Work experience in a research or related project for at least 2 years.
- Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
- Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
- Evidence of experience or training in administration is added value
- Administrative knowledge or experience is of added value.
- Keen and ability to work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision and develop on the job
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Flexibility, ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment are desirable.
How to Apply:
a) All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements .
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificated and valid licenses where applicable.
d) A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to the email address below:
To the Program Director and Principal Investigator
PTBi – Kenya
Application Deadline: 15th March 2016
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.