Job Vacancy: Project Finance and Administration Officer
The Project Finance and Administration Officer has the responsibility of providing timely and efficient accounting and financial support to the deputy Country Director – South Sudan and Head of Finance and is the point person for communication on project accounting matters.
He/she operates under direct supervision of the deputy Country Director- South Sudan and Head of Finance of HQ te Amsterdam
- General financial management of the activities for all projects
- Track project budget(s) and expenditures, and alert the Programme Coordinator, the local Project & Training Coordinator of significant actual and potential over and under expenditures.
- Control petty cash and project office expenses for all projects
- Approve routine expenditures such as local transport, fuel, small repairs, and in the field per diems for staff
- Control operating costs and reduce them when prudent to do so.
- Assure that vouchers and vehicle log books are completed correctly by involved project staff, and that all expenditures are backed up by proper receipts
- Assure that Financial Policies are followed, as per the several donors and company’s financial regulations
- Assure that applicable procurement rules are followed
- Pay all bills and local taxes according to local rules and regulations
- Receive and manage petty cash (including withdrawals from bank) and administrate against proper exchange rates
- Reconcile expenses and petty cash with monthly bank statements and report to HQ
- Setup/ rearrange a double-entry project accounting system (Quickbooks)
- Assist the company’s deputy Country Director – South Sudan and Project coordinator with the fund raising process as needed (ie preparing budgets for fundraising purposes).
- Submit regular monthly finance reports to the company’s deputy Country Director- South Sudan, Head of Finance and Project coordinator(s)
- Prepare and submit hard copy monthly financial reports, (original) documents, invoices, timesheets to the finance department of the company
- Prepare documents for the annual or project audit and liaise with the auditors
- Be responsible for all administration related duties such as archiving, maintaining the fixed assets register, ad hoc reporting
- Assistance with general Human resource management such as recruitment, performance appraisal etc.
- Assistance with general office management of Nairobi office
- Degree in business or accounting or equivalent qualification in relevant subject with proven finance and accounting skills.
- Knowledge of and fluency with a double-entry and accrual method of accounting
- Knowledge and experience working on ‘Western’ funded projects is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of successful experience as project administrator in development cooperation or in an international organisation
- Experience with donor funded projects and multiple exchange rates
- Experience producing financial statements and working with external auditors required
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of other accountancy systems
- Strong other computer skills, including Word, pastel and internet applications
- Strong communication and reporting skills in English
- A good team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Dynamic and pro-active
How to Apply
Kindly forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 24 February 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted