The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for qualified, experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Programs Producer – Radio Maisha
The successful candidate will work with the Programs Controller, Presenters, DJs, On-line and IT staff to produce the Breakfast and any other show assigned by his line manager(s).
The incumbent will also be responsible for researching, collecting and packaging current affairs clips & news.
- Participate in the conceptualization, drive and implementation of program ideas.
- Generate and research ideas for the program.
- Plan and oversee guest visits (relevant to the show assigned) and maintain an up – to date contact list.
- Constantly updating the program’s social media platform and the station website to ensure convergence for both on air and online content.
- Liaise with Creative, Traffic and Sales team to ensure proper delivery of campaigns.
- Identifying and editing audio packages required as content within the program.
- Sieve, choose and edit any incoming input (phone calls, social media commentary, sms text, letters, and emails) from listeners for on-air use.
- Research and collect background information required to make stories complete, topical, informative, credible and analytical.
- Follow news leads and maintain close and effective contact with news sources
- Facilitate delivery of prizes to listeners who emerge as winners on different activations, also respond to listener enquiries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- University Degree;
- Diploma in Radio Production;
- Systematic planner, team player and good organizer;
- Have an understanding of media law;
- Working knowledge of the Kiswahili language
- 3 years’ experience in a busy broadcasting station.
Reporter – Radio Maisha
The job holder will be responsible for covering, researching and writing stories for Radio Maisha
- Taking notes, carrying out interviews, checking out facts and submitting stories within set deadlines during assignments
- Researching and collecting background information required to make stories complete, topical, informative, credible and analytical and compliant with journalistic ethics
- Writing and processing stories collected to ensure they are balanced, properly presented, free of error and in line with laid down editorial policy and house style
- Following news leads and maintaining close and effective contact with news sources
- Informing the News Editor of work progress and any problems encountered and areas where assistance or facilitation to complete the assignment within deadline may be required
- Identify areas of improvement/development in daily news reporting and making appropriate recommendations to the Editor
- Ensuring there are no cases of libel and or defamation in stories filed to avoid legal suits.
Knowledge and Skills:-
- Basic university Degree;
- Diploma in Journalism from a recognized institution;
- Good voice for radio broadcast
- Fluent in Kiswahili language both spoken and written
- Ability to make sound judgement and independent decisions
- 2 years’ experience in a busy broadcasting station.
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 12th February 2016.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to