Background: A regional NGO which is a member of a global Network of Development Organizations and has recently opened a country office in Uganda is seeking a Country Manager.
Job Position: Reporting to the Director (based in Nairobi), the Country Manager, Uganda is responsible for developing the Organization country programs and leading the implementation of current and future projects and developing and managing relationships with international and national actors in the agricultural sector.
- Developing and translating country strategies in sustainable development,
- Coordinating implementation of the strategic policies,
- Lead in developing and implementing the programme/s,
- Build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships for the programme,
- Ensure effective management of all the programme resources including human resource,
- Lead in fundraising for current and new projects,
- Development and Management of the country office leading to expansion and growth,
- Relationship and knowledge management,
- Monitoring and evaluation, and communication of results.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics or any other related area,
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness or Agriculture Economics,
- Post graduate training and proven experience in managing program/s is an added advantage.
- A Minimum of 12 years in development work, with at least 8 years working in donor funded projects preferably in the area of agribusiness and economic development.
- Experience in networking among, promoting and collaborating closely with the private sector, government and civil society actors.
- Solid experience in the agriculture sector or agricultural programs in Uganda and East Africa,
- Significant regional Program management experience, with the ability to lead diverse teams,
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation, including policy development,
- Sound and practical knowledge in relevant fields in Uganda,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong networking skills,
- Proven ability in proposal writing and fundraising.
Your application should be written in English and must demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met.