General Manager Vacancy in a Renewable Energy Company
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Background: Our client is a company that provides, installs and maintains solar power products. It prides itself in ensuring that customer needs are matched with appropriate technical requirements through continuous innovation as a learning organization.
One of the company’s core values is the urge to advice customers before they purchase, hence providing customers all relevant information to enable them make an informed decision. This underlines the value that our client places on integrity.
We seek to recruit an experienced, competent and self-motivated individual with excellent leadership skills and who upholds the company’s values to fill the following position:
Job Purpose: Oversee the management of all staff and company operations, as well as establishing and accomplishing business objectives for overall business profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall management of the company operations.
- Accomplish company objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results measurements, allocating resources, reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections.
- Increase management’s effectiveness by overseeing compliance with all company policies and relevant laws/regulations and standards.
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field and technical services policies and practices and coordinating actions with staff.
- Communicate values, strategies and objectives, assigning accountabilities, planning, monitoring and developing a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Oversee development and implementation of strategic goals by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
- Build company image by engaging effectively with stakeholders including customers, government, communities and employees.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate governance best practices and enforcing high ethical business standards.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures as well as complying with codes and legal regulations.
- Undertake business development by growing and maintaining personal networks and participating in events.
- Advise and train technical teams on sales, design and installation of renewable energy (solar) systems.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Membership in ERB will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years hands on experience, 3 of which should be in a managerial position.
- Experience in power distribution, analog and digital circuit design, high and low current AC and DC power supplies.
- Experience in renewable energy solutions will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent technical skills in electrical systems design and installation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage and work in technical teams and to provide technical leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge and compliance with safety standards.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications by email only to email@example.com with the “job title” as the subject heading.
This should only include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with three (3) professional referees (as one MS Word or PDF document).
DO NOT attach copies of certificates/testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Kindly follow these instructions to avoid disqualification of your application.
Note that the deadline for submission of applications is Friday 19th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.