Vacancy: Restaurant Supervisor
Our client is a casual dining fresh-food restaurant serving locally sourced SquareMade burgers, fried chicken, BBQ ribs, beer, wine and delicious hand-spun ice cream deserts.
All their recipes use original. They are committed to supporting the local economy through locally sourced quality ingredients.
Are you a young seasoned hands-on manager who is confident, result oriented, ambitious, resourceful and imaginative with the desire to challenge yourself?
Are you someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo, ambitious, brave and passionate in everything you do?
If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Supervisor who will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
Job Purpose / Summary: To ensure the store operates at an optimal level and within budget while working closely with the team leader, storekeeper, crew members and the management.
To achieve this, the jobholder would be expected to regularly make physical inspections for verification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks the stores security, cleanliness and tidiness.
- Physically checks on crew member attendance against register and updates it against those in attendance.
- Ensures high standards of personal hygiene and dress code are maintained as per the company’s policy.
- Checks on the closing stock against the opening stock for the present day against any discrepancies and prepare a variance report for any unaccounted variances.
- Compiles daily targets for shift compared to prior month and year by having a buy in from the crew members.
- Engage with the team leader and storekeeper on the requirements by the crew members for the quantity of produce needed and ensure the section crew members acknowledge receipt.
- Ensure previous day’s orders to major suppliers have been placed and signed for in the order book.
- Place orders for the next have been made by the storekeeper and have it updated in the management report and system.
- Receive stock and check deliveries from suppliers against what had been ordered, price and invoice with those on the current pricelist.
- Conduct a pre-shift meeting with the management to discuss on the operational problems, targets for the day and agree on an action plan for the day and shift.
- Ensure correct usage of cleaning materials and that they are cleaned and arranged after every shift before handover.
- Train crew members on correct usage of equipment and record all equipment repairs and maintenance in the management report.
- Prepare a weekly report on; sales & sales mix, menu items sold against % contribution to weekly turnover, weekly strategy, operational challenges and solution and major achievements.
- Conduct month end stock take.
- Ensure shift changes run smoothly, the shift report has captured the shift’s opening and closing stock and close the shift tallying the total sales and turnover.
- Complete the banking sheet ensuring that the cash balance is accurately captured and recorded.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management or its equivalent.
- A Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management will be an added advantage.
- Training of personnel experience in a service oriented sector is highly desired.
- 3 years working experience in a similar role at a fast paced evolving work environment is suitable.
- Proven experience in processes and people management is highly desirable.
- Prior experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- Problem solving for solution development.
- Outcome/delivery focused with strong planning skills.
Salary: Attractive salary package
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke vacancy page before close of business 17th February 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.