- Attaching and detaching load to be moved
- Direct the crane operator on load to be lifted
- Ensuring load is safely secured (slung) before it is lifted
- Ensuring no overhead infringements during lifting
- Relaying directions to the crane operator for the movement of the load to its landing location
- Guiding the crane operator on crane movements during reversing and tight maneuvers
- Guiding the crane operator to the correct location
- Directing movement of trucks within the yard to loading and offloading locations.
- Opening twist locks on arriving container wagons
- Closing twist locks on container wagons loaded in the yard.
- Any other relevant duties as may be allocated from time to time
- Recording details of commercial activities involving the crane e.g. container shifting, transshipments etc.
- Certificate in Purchasing , Supply Chain Logistics or related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Grade D+ Form 4 certificate
- At least 1 year’s work experience in freight forwarding / sea freight and /or transport industry
- Technical know-how on machines
Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 29th February, 2016
In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.