Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life – as small businesses.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms.
Since November 2011, we have launched nearly 700 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of more than 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,000 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 200 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Africa.
Job Summary: We seek an energetic mechanic who will be responsible for scheduling, examining and undertaking automotive maintenance and repairs as needed to keep all Sanergy vehicles in good running condition.
Role & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, components, electrical and fuel systems, etc. for Sanergy’s fleet.
- Perform tune ups, brake jobs and other preventative maintenance, replacing parts and making necessary adjustments.
- Repair mowers, tractors, and other small engines.
- Assist in the writing of specifications for acquisition of additional Sanergy vehicles and equipment
- KCSE Certificate
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized instituition-desirable
- 3 years’ experience working with automative engines, with extensive automative know-how and welding skills
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- A team player with excellent organization skills
How to Apply
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application here
Application deadline: 19th February, 2016