Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
Number of Positions: 1
Job Description / Responsibilities: SEO is an extremely crucial aspect of our online business. As an SEO specialist, your assignment will be to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic from search engines to our websites.
You will be responsible for managing all SEO activities, both on-page and off-page, including, but not limited to, content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search engines (Google, Yahoo! and Bing) in order to maximize ROI.
For instance, on content strategy, you will be responsible for making key SEO decisions related to website content, e.g., what content is needed and on which webpage it will be uploaded.
You will then be required to write the content or to delegate this task to freelance content writers.
When a new site is being developed, you will work with relevant individuals such as the software developer to make sure that the website has great, SEO-friendly content.
Because the algorithms of search engines are updated several times every year, an SEO specialist’s work environment is very dynamic.
This calls for constant learning, dumping old techniques, adopting new ones and experimenting with different strategies to perfect one’s skills and find out how the industry is changing.
The SEO industry has a minimal set of rules, standards and best practices. Lots of old tricks and misconceptions abound in the industry.
Furthermore, there are no schools that teach SEO. Thus, success in the SEO field is achieved through a combination of factors such as thorough research, experimentaion (trial and error), observation and experience.
As such, we will NOT offer any SEO training. We are looking for an expert – someone who has already been successful in this field.
We are NOT looking for someone we will tell what to do; rather, we are interested in an individual who will not only tell us what needs to be done, but s/he will also do what needs to be done within a specified budget.
Education and Skills:
- A diploma or degree in any field. A BS degree in a quantitative, test-driven field is an added advantage.
- Proven SEO experience.
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies.
- Proven success and experience in building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERPs.
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry.
- Familiarity with the best tools in the trade.
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations.
- Must have a strong online presence and a passion for the web.
- Excellent online research skills.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- A fast leaner. Willingness and ability to research, learn and apply new ideas quickly is extremely crucial.
- Good written grammar skills.
Availability of Positions:
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed CV and cover letter to email@example.com by COB Monday, 22nd February, 2016.
Make sure to state your salary expectations (give a specific figure) in your cover letter.
The subject of your email should read “SEO SPECIALIST JOB APPLICATION”.