Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Post Title: Assistant Admin Coordinator – Kenya
Location: Based in Nairobi
Duration: Full-time, 6 Months, Extendable
Starting Date: ASAP
Context: Secours Islamique France (SIF) has been operational in Kenya since 2012 and in Somalia since 2014.
In Kenya, SIF’s strategy is to provide basic essential services to the refugees in the camps, including Dadaab and Kakuma, and to develop durable solutions for the urban poor.
In Somalia, SIF’s strategy is to provide basic essential services to the IDPs and returnees in Kismayo (Lower Juba Region).
As such, both the Kenya and Somalia Missions are oriented towards protracted emergencies and alleviating urban poverty, focusing primarily in the areas of Education, FSL, Shelter, and WASH.
Overview: The Assistant Admin Coordinator is in charge of Administration, Finance and HR under the directions and supervision of the Regional Admin.
- Manage all finance operations, under direction of Regional Administrator.
- Maintain all financial systems for the SIF Country/Field offices, and ensure full compliance with SIF financial (SOP’s).
- Prepare the Financial follow-up of SIF activities (expenses follow-up, budget follow-up, cash flow forecast).
- Supervise & manage the daily update of the accountancy;
- Internal control audits, and initiate and implement actions necessary to correct weaknesses.
- Monthly closure of the accounts (Check all invoices and writings, closing of all accountancy, importation in Saga).
- Preparation of monthly closing Documents (Inventories, Bank Reconciliation, etc).
- Ensure the full confidentiality regarding financial and human resources information.
- Supervise the National staff Human Resources Management.
- Prepare the payroll and make payment of salaries to employees and unskilled workers.
- Support the Regional Administrator in the contractual placement of the human resources and keep the records of all staff updated.
- Participate to all others aspects related to HR Management (Evaluation follow up, disciplinary procedures, etc).
- Manage all Nairobi-level administrative operations, under direction of Regional Administrator.
- Liaise with Logistics Department on all procurement and payment activities.
- Provides regular detailed reports on all admin and finance activities and projects, as requested.
- Assist Regional Administrator to supervise all Nairobi-level and field-level finance/admin staff.
- Ensure full compliance with SIF finance, admin & HR rules and regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with government finance and admin rules and regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with donor finance and admin rules and regulations.
- Stand in for Regional Administrator during his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Administrator or HoM.
The Assistant Admin Coordinator is expected to have the following qualifications and competencies
Master’s degree in Finance/Administration or equivalent in accounting, management, Administration.
The Assistant Admin Coordinator is expected to have the following skill sets …
- Good interpersonal skills, including professional appearance, attitude, and behavior.
- Good ability to read, write, speak in English at a professional level
- 5 years prior experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO.
- Good computer skills including MS Office suite.
- Saga knowledge is an asset.
The Assistant Admin Coordinator must possess the following personal attitudes …
- Team Player
- Honesty and personal integrity.
- Motivated and takes initiative
Qualified candidates should submit only a signed motivation letter (max. 1 page) and a CV (max. 3 pages), containing the following information:
- Personal contact information, related work experience (in chronological order and going back at most 5 years) with company contact information, at least 1 professional reference, and at least 1 personal reference.
- Motivation letter and CV must be in one of the following formats: PDF or MS Word.
All the above documents should be sent to email@example.com by 17h00 (Kenya time) not later than 29 February 2016. In the email heading, indicate “SIF Kenya – Assistant Admin Coordinator – [your first and last name].”
NB: Applications that do not meet the above criteria and specifications will not be accepted.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, gender, political, or religious affiliations.