Position: Senior Engineer – Security Systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a capable system security engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
- You will make things more secure by advising and leading our engineers in developing tailor made solutions within the East African Market.
- You will ensure that team develops comprehensive electronic security solutions across a wide range of security parameters – from access control and intrusion control to surveillance and monitoring.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the systems recommended to the customers and gathering feedback for better planning.
- Managing the engineering team inclusive but not limited to performance management, planning for work schedules & recruitments.
- Proven ability to plan and manage a team
- Excellent Knowledge in performance management and appraisal
- Project management and project reporting skills
- Managing client technical expectations and information in liaison with sales & Marketing department
- Proven working experience in building and maintaining security system
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols both local and at international level
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- IT Skills
- Risk Assessment Skills
- Business development Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or engineering field.
- Work experience in sales, security systems, and at least 3 years management experience preferably within East African.
- Must have a valid driving license & Open to travel.
- Good command of English & Swahili.
If you meet the requirements above, send your CV with the subject Senior Security Engineer to email@example.com